As the world seems more and more divided, it has never been more important to take a look at what connects us. Join us for the fourth annual Character Day on September 26, 2018!
Character Day is a free day and global initiative where school districts, individual classrooms, companies, organizations, and families -- groups of all sizes -- screen films on the science of character development from different perspectives, dive into free printed discussion materials catered to different ages, and join an online global Q&A conversation featuring prominent leaders discussing the importance of developing character strengths (resilience, grit, empathy, courage, kindness)--all rooted in evidence-based research. Character Day is one day. The resources are available year-round. Please watch the 1 minute trailer and sign up today(takes 2 mins)!
HOW CHARACTER DAY WORKS:
Character Day and all of the materials are supported by grants so there is no cost to participate.
Your Character Day event(s) can look and feel any way you would like it to be... any time of the day, anywhere, and any size.
The Character Day team provides your group with films, the Periodic Table of Character Strengths Poster, printed discussion materials, a robust online hub of resources, and an online conversation with leading experts on Character education from multiple perspectives
Join in on the conversation via social media using the hashtag #CultivatingCharacter
SAMPLE ONE HOUR CHARACTER DAY EVENT
- 5 min - Introduction of what Character Day is
- Watch one of the featured films from CharacterDay.org's website (approx 10 min)
- 20 min - Break into groups of ten or less and use the discussion guides to facilitate deeper conversation
- 15 min - Watch one of the online global Q&A speakers (will be streaming on Characterday.org or on Facebook Live)
- 10 min - Wrap Up!
- Create your own panel of speakers to come and present
- Community service day
- Art projects
- Take photos and videos of your event and share them on social media using #CultivatingCharacter
- Download the App "Character (Every) Day" which gives you over 5,000 carefully curated resources around character development for the entire year!
Join the 5th annual Character Day, set for September 26th, where over 100,000 groups from around the world screen films on the science of character development from different perspectives. Students dive into free printed discussion materials and resources while joining an online global conversation around character strengths. Sign up at characterday.org!